The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Magnum


he's got a big head, and a small body... but he's cute!

For those of you who didn't know about Magnum, here is his "story". We adopted him the beginning of April. It was like a movie. (dramatic pause, que the music) Sam wanted to take me to the Humane Society. (It was raining tons!) We were going on 41 days of straight rain, worse than Noah! But that's another long story. So there we are, standing in front of all these cages, soaking wet despite an umbrella. Yes, it was a sight to see. All the dogs were soaking wet, and most were hiding in the back of the kennels where it was dry. But not this little guy, he saw Sam and came running to him, and Sam was like "I want that one" but I was not really feeling it. (cuz you know I was expecting love at first sight) But Sam was adamant about seeing him. So we took him out of the kennel to look at him, and dried him off a little. It was interesting cuz the areas they normally set aside for the "meet and greet" were outside in the rain, so we were stuck in this little bitty room. :-) Anyway, as he (the dog) started drying off and getting used to us, I fell in love (Sam already knew he wanted him) and we took him home that very day! Yeah, totally not ready for a dog but we didn't want him stuck there in the rain for another night. He is such our baby now! He is so good, and his personality is too funny! He's like a little person. I know I keep rambling on about him, but he's like my baby now. :-) He want nameless for a few days, because Sam wanted his to have the right name. He's a small dog, Welsh Corgi, and Sam wanted a manly name to counter that. We tried all sorts of names to see how he would react to them, (think Dodge, Stubby, SnickerDoodle... you get the idea) but we finally settled on Magnum... not Magnum PI, more like Dodge Magnum (the car). See he's so Sam's dog! Well, there you have it, that's how we acquired the newest member to the Porter family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oh, I am so glad you have your own blog now! Thanks for the comment on mine. I was SO busy tonight getting ready for Jason's b-day tomorrow. Happy Anniversary on Monday! luv ya!

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the story of Magnum. I think it was great you and Sam were able to rescue him.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home