The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Yeah! Our first anniversary card

So this is our first anniversary card (sent through the mail system) from my cousin Yesenia. (My parents forgot!) Her and her family live in Chicago (go Sox's! That's for you Sen) and we love going to visit them.
I was so worried when I first took Sam to meet them cuz in case you hadn't noticed he's a white boy. :-) But my family loves him (and not just because he's handy around the house), which was such a HUGE blessing. I love all my family and I love that we are so close even though we are far apart. We are a typical Latino family... you know big, loud, and tons of fun! :-) And Sam fits right in. So to my family far away, we love you and think about you often. I am so thankful for my wonderful cousins (and their great kids), my wonderful grandparents, and my WONDERFUL Titi Annie. I miss you all!

ps. I also have to give a special thanks to Yesenia for the card, and also for being one of the only ones to make comments on our blog. It just makes my day hearing from you! (really) Thanks Hun!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got the card. I wanted to send you guys a little something, but I have no idea what is in HI. I didn't want to send you guys a gift card for a place that isn't out there! When I am out in HI, date night for the both of you is on me! :~)I love you so very much and I do wish we could see the both of you more often. Know that I think of you guys often and you guys are kept in my prayers.

I ENJOY your blog. I look forward to going to my favorites, clicking on the link and seeing something new!

Remember me watching the White Sox game last year and what you and my mom did to me? I almost pulled out my hair.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

What did we do to you? I have NO idea what you're talking about... You know I love you right? :-) I can't wait for you to come visit! It will be so much fun. So is there anything new going on in your life? Did you ever get your own apartment? I should just call you and catch up. :-) I'll try to call sometime this weekend. I love you!!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home