The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Friday, August 04, 2006

BINGO!


Last night Sam and I were invited to play Bingo by First Command, they are a financial planning company, anyway we were allowed to bring guests so I invited my friends Abby (whose husband was on duty) and Brooke (who just dropped off her husband at the airport... he will be in Iraq for a year, so if you think about it pray for her and her baby). Back to the story... So we get there and there are only two other couples! So we eat, talk about money, and then start the games. We played 7 games, which meant 7 prizes... Our table won 5 out of the 7! Here is my play by play... first game: prize $20 Block Buster Card, won my the couple in the middle table; second game: prize two 50 minute massages, won by Abby; third game: prize a Waterford vase, won by me :-); then there was a brief intermission; fourth game: prize wine from the Big Island Brewery , won my me but since we don't drink I tried to give it away to the couple who hadn't won anything yet, but they didn't drink either so the couple in the middle wanted it so I was just going to give it to them, but they wanted me to have the Block Buster card... so we traded. :-) On to the fifth game: prize a $100 California Pizza Kitchen Gift Certificate, won by Abby but since the pregnant lady (Brooke) was drooling over it she gave it to her, but we are planning share it :-); sixth game: prize a Wyland framed picture, won by the couple who hadn't won anything yet (which is good cuz I was starting to feel bad); Last game: prize a portable DVD player with an extra screen, to which I told Sam he HAD to win it! We played black-out for the last game, so it took a while and as we were getting to the end I had two left, Brooke had one left, Abby had 3, and Sam had like 7. Now the whole time we were playing, I was telling Sam he better win this or else he was sleeping on the couch (for those of you who don't know me, I was just kidding) well, Sam came from behind and won! I was so excited! So we went home carrying all our winnings. I love Bingo! Now I am sitting here at the computer alternating between writing this blog and making cookies. I know I'm so domestic :-) Oh I know some of you are wondering, the cookies are chocolate chip, Sam's favorite. I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll let you know how my (birthday) weekend goes. I have a confession to make... I am so hard to surprise. I've already spoiled Sam's birthday surprise for me. I can't help it, I'm a good guesser and I know when he's lying to me. But I'll keep the surprise to myself and tell you all about it later. :-) Bingo!

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie Barker said...

Wow! That's a lot of winnings! Imagine if you hadn't invited your friends. . . (hahaha)

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have made contact with First Command, good. Aquela just loved to play BINGO, and she was always looking for anyone who would go with her! She would of had a great time with you there. Happy Birthday to my baby girl!

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a great time was had by all and what great prizes!

I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!

Let us know what you did for your special day!!!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a great time and a good winng session. I have been playing the demo games on this online bingo uk site. I have aslo got into playing keno games which is similiar to bingo except you get to pick your numbers before the game starts. I like playing neptunes keno the most. they have also got online fruit machine demos too.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home