The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Random thoughts at 1 AM

So, I have been having problems with sleeping. I can be dead tired, but as soon as I get into the bed I just toss and turn and I can't seem to fall asleep. It is so frustrating ! So since I can't sleep, I write. :-) Aren't you all lucky. So here is my day... I went to the chiropractor, went to the commissary (sorry Dad I forgot the toothpicks), and we went to Wal-mart. Thankfully there were no flying beanbag chairs. :-) Then after dinner we took Magnum on a walk, hoping that would help me sleep... no such luck.
Also, I helped Sam study for his interviews tomorrow. He was nominated for Sailor of the quarter, which is kinda like employee of the month but much better. I guess each division nominates someone for position and then they all have to meet with the "big wigs" and they quiz them on everything from Naval history to stuff they learned in boot camp. It's really intense. We went over this list of questions for a couple of hours. So if you think about it PRAY for him! I'll let you know how it goes.
I'm sitting trying to decide if I'm tired enough to actually fall asleep, it's going on 2 am. I think I'll try. Good-night (hopefully)!

10 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

For those intrested, it's 3:30 am... and I still can't sleep! Augh!

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry - that is frustrating. my mom would suggest tylenol pm. she swears by it. :)

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will keep Sam in my prayers. I am sure he will do fine! Best wishes!

Christina, I am so sorry you haven't been able to sleep, I wish I had a solution for you, but I will keep you in my prayers as well.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Christina, Wow! that's wonderful that Sam got that nomination!What an honor.You are such a good wife, quizzing him and all.
So sorry you can't sleep. Thathas to stink. Um... hey, next time you can't sleep, call me and I'll come over and we can P-A-R-T-Y! Hahaha.

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Sam. As far as I'm concerned, you're Sailor of the Dollar, not just Sailor of the Quarter. HAHA

4:08 PM  
Blogger Katie Barker said...

so did you ever fall asleep. How late can you sleep in in the mornings after not going to bed till at lest 3:30 am? _ that's crazy!

4:32 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I'm up by 7 at the latest. Magnum wakes me up, and if I manage to get back to sleep it's only for a couple of hours. Oh well, I'm surviving. :-)

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,

Have you seen a doctor yet?

4:30 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

going on Wed...

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to have problems sleeping too...and then I had a baby :) Just kidding, but I would try a sleep aid with diphenhydramine, instead of Tylenol PM. Why take a painkiller when you dont have too? (This is Nurse Amanda speaking)

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home