The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Friday, November 23, 2007

GroundGiving Day

Huh? I know that's what you are thinking reading the title of this post, but hang on you'll soon understand. You know that movie Groundhog day... well I have been experiencing that with the Thanksgiving holiday. It started on Tuesday with the Preschool Thanksgiving meal. All the parents sign up and bring food in for the kids and the staff. Then the kids come in dressed up as Pilgrim's and Indians (I was an Indian Princess) and we eat! I was put in charge of the meal and the clean up... which might not sound too bad but it was tons of work! My plan was to make Tuesday night my pie night, but I was so exhausted when I got home I went straight to bed! Then came Wednesday...it was our Church Prayer Praise and Pie fellowship and since I didn't make my pies the night before I had to make 6 before Church. Why six? Well the ones for Church (which won second place in the contest), one for a single guy who had to work during Thanksgiving, and 3 for our Thanksgiving (Pumpkin, Pumpkin Cream, and Chocolate mint). Then came the actual Thanksgiving day! We had 5 single guys over, so I made all the food and a lot of it! I'll stop for some picture then continue my Groundhog moment. :-)

My table before all the food

All the food, minus the turkey... we fried 2!

More food...

Sam all stuffed and happy

After the meal we watched Home Alone and the guys crashed wherever they could...

Chillin on the couch

Chillin on the floor (Sen do you recognize the Lion!)

:-)

The guys LOVED Magnum... they wanted to steal him and he got so spoiled. Every time I turned around he was being petted, held, or feed!

Sam guarding the door so they don't leave with the dog, lol. :-)

Ok, then on Friday we had the Young Married's over from Church... so more turkey, more food, and more football. Seriously I don't know how I'm still up typing this! It has been such a long couple of weeks, and I am ready for a vacation! :-) Now that that is said I'm going to go shopping! For reals! Pray for me. I hope your holiday was more relaxing than mine, but just as fun. I'm thankful for those of you who faithfully check this blog! Love ya!


3 Comments:

Blogger Seni said...

Magnum has a lot to be thankful for...he mentioned he wants everyday to be Thanksgiving.

Your friends are lucky to have you and Sam. The food looks yummy and everyone looks comfy...that was very nice of the both of you to open your home to others for Thanksgiving.

Here is to hoping that we get to celebrate the holiday with you and Dam next year!

Love and miss you lots!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Seni said...

Yes, I do notice the lion. How could I miss that cute thing!!!

I see someone is an apple user! Yay for apple users!!

Love ya!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mi hija and Samuel, You did an extremely wonderful job with the food and hosting Thanksgiving dinner to these groups. It was work, but hopefully full of joy as well. MAMA

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home