The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Can you guess what era I grew up in?

I was cleaning out my bedroom today and I came across a photo album my mom made for me while I was in the Girl Scouts. :-) Yah, I know I can just hear your comments... Anyway here are some pictures that bring back some fashion memories. Trust me these are not the worst of the pictures.

Here I am bowling in the "outfit"

Just about all of my shirts had some form of puff-paint on them. Don't you love the splatter technique :-)

Gotta love the bright pink leggings... I had them in all sorts of bright colors

This was a tame sock day... I would wear two pairs (both bright colors) and alternate them... for some of you there is no need to explain

The bangs! I used to spend hours on them, and would cry if they didn't turn out big enough... sad huh (notice the leggings again, and my brother in the background)

The bright pink sunglasses

And no look would be complete without the fanny-pack! Hey, at least I matched :-) All I have to say is I know I wasn't the only one who dressed like this... so there! :-)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were rockin' it back then Christina!!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Jen and Mark said...

yes - i can attest to the fact that i was one of those dressed like that. the puff paint. the fanny pack (although not under the oversized t-shirt) i'm pretty sure i had leggings, socks and most definitely the bangs. no cares for the rest of my hair but definitely the bangs. i'm right there with you sister! and i must agree you were rockin' it back then!

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I did that too - - bangs, fanny packs, over sized shirts, double socks and all. What about the tie dye shrits, color changing shirts, tight rolling the bottom of your jeans, stir-up pants...??
Gotta love those days!! :o)
Love ya!
Hannah

5:51 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn Pagano said...

I am not going to lie - I dressed like that too! What were we thinking?!? Better yet - who said that was fashionable?

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jen and Mark said...

oh - i most definitely had several pairs of stirrup pants. i think that they were hand-me-downs from my cousin but still horrible. i agree who said it was fashionable. they must have been on something!!!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Leah (Parrish) Millan said...

Girl! I hope you hung onto those! Can you believe the leggings are creeping back into style!? Hey-- I'm back in the blogging world. We lost our internet access when we moved in our current apartment-- but I'm back now-- and I know my blog is in desperate need of attention :) Thanks for checking up!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home