The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Monday, August 07, 2006

My Birthday

Ok all you faithful readers, here is what my birthday was like. First of all, I got lots of phone calls the whole weekend (thanks guys) and lots of singing. :-) But my friend Jen, wins the prize, I'm not sure what prize, but she wins. She called my cell phone at 3AM! 3AM folks! So first my phone rings then the voice mail alarm rings, but by that time I was already awake! It's ok Jen I still love you. :-) Continuing the story... Well, as you know my birthday was on a Sunday, which for Sam and myself tend to be busy with Church. We woke up early and went to the early service stayed through the middle of the second service (we are both in choir) and then came home, ate lunch, and then called my family. Then like the old foggie I've become, Sam and I went and took a nap. :-) Oh yeah, this is exciting stuff huh. Then we woke up, went to choir practice, then a teachers meeting, then the evening service. During the evening service Sam was acting all suspicious, and he said "his stomach was hurting"... yeah right! So, he was practically gone the whole service, and I sat there knowing something was going on. :-) After Church I got "kidnapped" and taken out to dinner at the Spaghetti Factory, and waiting there for me were flowers from Sam. :-) I know how sweet. You might think, that's not that great, but wait... there's more. (I actually knew about this second part which took place Monday) Sam had made plans for me to visit a spa! Yeah, I know! Anyway, I was a little nervous about the whole thing, since I had never been to one of these. I went to this place called MYOSPA, and got the Head-to-Toe package...2 hours and 10 minutes of pampering! Let me just tell you what I got done...

This is a picture of part of the spa

I began with the Aromatherapy Footbath (which was wonderful!) and a reflexology treatment followed by the Peppermint Leg Rub (I love the smell of peppermint!)



Then I got a 45 minute body massage, then a Fresh Papaya Peel & Facial Massage, and finally, the Essential Scalp Treatment (which was another peppermint and lavender oil mixture... sooo nice!)


When I first got there I was all tense, but by the end... I was a pile of peppermint mush. I was definitely feeling good, and wishing money wasn't an issue so I could do that every week. :-) I know life is rough. All that to say I had a lovely birthday! Thanks again to everyone who called, left messages, and sent cards. I love you all, and I'm so thankful for the family and friends God has given me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great birthday treat!!

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Happy, Happy Birthday to you!!! :o) I'm glad to hear that everything went well. That is an awesome gift. I've always wanted to try something like that. Someday... Sorry for being a bum and not calling to say "Happy Birthaday". We just got back from Texas - wish i would have thought of it while i was down there! Anyway - Love you and talk to you later. Hannah

4:56 AM  
Blogger Jen and Mark said...

well - i am having serious issues trying to post things on our friend blog so your birthday post is on my blog - if you could help me out with my "problem" PLEASE let me know!!!! happy birthday!!!

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home