The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A quick update...

Sorry all, I don't feel up to a long posting, but I do want to let you know how I am. As you can probably tell I am at home, which is so nice! I went in for the surgery around 10 am, and the last thing I remember was the nurse asking me if I was allergic to any medication... I was out cold! I woke up very groggy, and had a difficult time breathing. They had to keep me on oxygen for a while cuz I would fall asleep and stop breathing... not a good thing! :-) Well, I finally made my way up to the recovery room, still not knowing how my surgery went. I was so blessed to have two of my friends there with me the whole time. Well one of my friends informed me that I had some complications during the surgery. First my urethra was to narrow and they had to dilate it, then they realized the stone had moved from it's original position, and they couldn't reach it. So it had to be blasted with a laser instead of caught and removed. No big deal, right? NOT! This means I have to pass all of the little fragments which is painful, plus I have a stent in to make sure everything flows properly and my kidney doesn't shut down... I'm still in pain, but I guess it could be worse! Anyway, besides the pain, I am doing fine and I am thankful for all your prayers. I was trying to be a good witness to my nurse, but I was so drugged up I think I just mentioned our Church. It really is just all a blur :-) I'll write more later, but I'm kinda on bed rest so I should go lay down. If you called yesterday and I didn't answer, I'm sorry I was probably still in the hospital. I love you all!

8 Comments:

Blogger Katie Barker said...

Dear, dear Christina,
I am so sorry to hear about all this drama. Please know that Tim and I will be praying for you tonight. I am very thankful you had friends with you - and hope you will have more help in the next couple of days.
Love, Katie

3:58 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I am glad you are home and that you had friends with you yesterday. I will be praying as you continue to heal and that everything goes smoothly. Praying for you!!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,

Can I just tell you how much I love you? How proud I am of you and how brave and strong I think you are? I would have been a mess and I think you are handling things just amazingly. I am so happy that things went well, I did call you and leave you a message on Monday. I have been thinking about you SO much, I am keeping you in my prayers you just have been been in my heart. I love you sweetums so much and I hope you start feeling 100% soon. I SO hope I get to see you in December. I love you and please, call me whenever you want to chat. I love you!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Jen and Mark said...

hey - i'm so glad to hear that you are doing better. i wish that we could have been there for you. hang in there. i love you!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING SWEETIE!!!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Tad and Hannah said...

Hey sweetie! Glad to hear the surgery went well (relatively). We're happy to hear your home and thankful that you had some one by your side! We will continue to pray for you as you recover - take it easy!! We love you! Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger sc3b said...

Christina, What is new? Are you recovering well? Please update us!! Thinking about you and praying for you and for Sam.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Sauers said...

Hey Christina,
Wow, I'm so sorry that that had to happen to you, but I'm glad you made it through the surgery and God is using this to make you depen on Him alone! I can't believe it's been so long since Northland days! So much has changed but I remember the good old times laughing and hanging out with you and the girls in the grind and the dorm! I hope you get to see your hubby soon! That has to be tough! WEll, I'm glad I found your blog! Nice to catch up with you! I'll be praying for you!
Ruth

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home