The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Decision Made!

Well, Sam and I have finally come to a decision. (with two weeks to spare!) I am going to stay in Hawaii, while he is in Iraq. There were a lot of things that we had to consider, but basically it came down to my health problems and all the time and money we have spent to "fix" me. :-) It would be hard to pick up and go and have to start all over in a year. Also, if I moved to Alabama I would have my family, but no friends. Here I have a group of military wives who know, and have experienced what I will be going through. Plus I think my mom and sisters will come stay with me during the summer. :-) There are also other factors that may have influenced our decision...

Hello! Move to the mainland during winter or stay in sunny Hawaii.... hmmm...tough decision :-)

My comfy living room and red couches!

We also finally got our dinning room set up... I guess it was just a bunch of little things, and not really having peace about moving. So there you have it. We will be in Hawaii for the next three years... feel free to plan a visit! I could use the company! :-) Thank you all for your prayers and comments. I have such wonderful friends all around the world and I am blessed. Sam leaves in 2 weeks and 2 days, and we found out his job is going to be more dangerous than we thought. I'm not sure if I should share more over the internet, but just keep him in your prayers. His training is going to be pretty intense. It's funny, because Sam basically is going through Army boot camp, and has to learn all their core values and beliefs... it's like he'll be in two branches of the Military. :-) Anyway, I'll keep you all updated!

I know God is trying to strengthen both me and Sam during this process, and even though this was a surprise to us, it wasn't to God.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie Barker said...

Thanks for the update. I will be continuing to pray for you. Please keep posting as you have time and boredom, or sleepless nights. I will keep checking it :) and checking on you!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the update. We will continue to pray for you guys. I know God has a plan and that His will will be done in your lives. Isn't it nice knowing that someone is in control and knows what is going on!! :)
Love ya,
Charissa

1:35 PM  
Blogger Ken & Jen Schmidt said...

This blogging thing has amazed me! It's so great to get back in touch with friends from college!! I want you to know that I will be praying for you as Sam heads to Iraq. Keep us posted as to what's going on!

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,

Thanks for keeping us up to date with what is going on. I would have LOVED to have you here, but I understand. I will continue to keep the both of you in my prayers. I love you and miss you lots!

I love how your blog is up on your computer. :~)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Yesenia, your attention to detail is amazing! If you will also notice all the boxes in our back yard... that's cuz we thought we were gonna be packing everything up this weekend. I'm so glad we aren't. :-) Like I said in my post, I have such wonderful friends! You guys are great, and I am so thankful for your prayers. Jen, you are right. This blogging thing is amazing because it has helped me stay in touch with a lot of college friends. I'm horrible at calling and writing letters. :-) I will keep the updates coming!

6:41 PM  
Blogger sc3b said...

Christina,
We will definitely be praying for both of you. That is so neat how your last name is spelled out in Phil. 4:19!!!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home