The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sudden Changes

Well, here is the news. We just found out that Sam has to go to Iraq for over a year. He leaves the end of October for 2 months of training. He only gets a couple of days off for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then he leaves in January. So I've spent the whole afternoon in denial and crying, of course. It also doesn't help that Sam had duty today and I found out over the phone, and won't actually see him until tomorrow. So I know it sounds like I'm complaining... and I probably am. I guess with Sam being in the Navy and on shore duty, I never prepared myself for him having to go. I would love your prayers, not only for his safety but for my attitude as well. I know in my head that God had a plan and His timing is prefect, but I am having a difficult time truly accepting that. I know I am not the first wife to have her husband sent to Iraq on such short notice, but it's like all I can think about is me... so selfish huh. Just one more thing to work on. Grrrrr! Alright folks I am going to end my pitty part now, hopefully by the time of my next post I will be in a better attitude. G'night...

10 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Christina,
I just got your e-mail. I am praying for you and Sam. I can only imagine how hard this is for you guys right now. Don't worry about complaining or whatever; you are only feeling right now what is natural to feel. Please know that we love you and will continue to uphold you guys in prayer. I will call you soon.
Love,
Laura

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Christina,
How are you? It was really good to hear from you. I just want you to know that John and I will praying for you and Sam. About the compaining or whatever, I've had a hard time with the fact that John will be away from me all next summer for Basic, and that's only a summer, so I guess you can take that for whatever it's worth:)
Hey thanks for you and Sam hanging out with my brother when he first moved there. His ship is out right now, but they come back soon, so fell free to check up on him, he needs it!! :)
We'll definately be praying for you.
Love ya,
Charissa

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,
Just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you and Sam. I can't say I know how you feel since I'm still single (as ever :) ) But please know that I will be praying for both of you. Lots of love and prayers
Carla Bieber

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,

I hope the email I sent you arrived to your Inbox. You know that I love you and I will keep you and Sam in my prayers. Always know that not only am I your cousin, I am your friend as well. So if you ever need to talk, let me know. I have been told I have a great shoulder and it has your name on it if you ever need it. I love you so much and I hope I get to see you soon.

Love ya

Besos!

Yesenia

2:58 PM  
Blogger carissa said...

Hi Christina. I saw your comment on Charissa's blog and found YOU! I am so sorry about Sam's deployment. I will be praying for you to have peace and hope! God loves you and knows best. I'll pray for safety for you both. Love ya, Carissa Belford

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jen and Mark said...

hey babe - you know how much i love you and i'm praying for you guys - if you ever need anything, any time of the day please feel free to give me a call!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hey Christina! I haven't been ignoring you, and I have every intention of calling you on the weekend so that you're not working or I'm not sleeping:o) I am praying for you everyday and so is my 5th grade class.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jen and Mark said...

hey - chris. this is a little off the subject, but kinda funny. i was reading katie (zakes) blog and there's a list of things that you have or have not done. one of them is steal a sign and i'm trying to remember if a sign was in that pile of stuff we gathered up. maybe you could remind me?

2:47 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Hey Christina: I am sorry to hear about Sam's deployment! I can't even begin to imagin how you must be feeling, but God is always in control. I will be praying for you as you need to make decisions for the near future!

4:29 AM  
Blogger carissa said...

I just prayed for you this morning. God is always causing us to trust him more deeply and depend on HIm greater!!!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home