The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Just so you know...

Ok! I know there are some of you who think I have just dropped of the face of the earth, but I haven't... just been in and out of the Hospital since the 20th. (mostly in) I'm ok, I actually wasn't in for me. A good friend of mine, Brooke, was 29 weeks (7 months) pregnant and started to go into pre-term labor. Yeah, scary. Well, the good news is that she gave birth to a beautiful, healthy boy on the 28th. (which was just 30 weeks into her pregnancy) He only weighed 4lb and was 17 inches long. It was such a trying yet wonderful experience. I got to be with her when she gave birth, and I was with her just about every day (and night) she was in the hospital (Her husband is deployed to Iraq). It's a really long story, so I won't share everything, but God is so good and He has such perfect timing. We were all prepared for Luke to have lung problems, but he came out crying and he's breathing on his own. He still has some problems, but they should all get better as he gets older and gains weight. I was just there today and I got to see him again in the NICU. It's so funny I had started reading to him while he was still in mom's tummy, and I think he recognized my voice. This is the third birth I have seen... and not one of those has been my own. It's kinda like that saying, always a bridesmaid, never a bride... Wow! I really must really be sleep deprived, I'm starting not to make sense! I just have to say one more thing. I have the GREATEST husband. Throughout all of this he was so understanding. There were nights I would come home late, or not at all, and every time I asked him if I should come home or not stay he told me to stay with Brooke. Maybe he just needed a break from me :-) Anyway I really haven't gotten much sleep, but I just wanted to let you know what has been up with me. Here are some pictures of Luke and Brooke. Maybe I'll write more about the whole 8 days later... on a clear mind. Night!

Brooke and Luke Patrick Saltsman

He is so Precious!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,

You are such a great friend and you are SO right, God is so good and his timing is always perfect!!

Thanks for sharing your story, it is always good to hear from you.

I miss you!

Love,

Me

7:08 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh Christina! I have tears in my eyes! Praise the Lord! And way to go you!!!! Wow. Brooke was able to get in touch with Patrick right? wow. So amazing!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Katie Barker said...

Wow, you're a great friend and Sam is a great husband. You should both be proud of each other.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom & baby Luke are beautiful!!! You are a true friend!! I love your weblog & have been reading your hilarious stories!!! Thanks for sharing!!

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord Luke made it! He is 1 pound smaller than my niece when she was born.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thank you all for your comments! He is such a miracle and an answer to prayer. I know sometimes I miss seeing God's blessings on the everyday occurrences in my life, and I forget how good God really is. I needed this experience to really get my focus back on God. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. I'll be sure to pass them on to Brooke! You guys are awesome!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home