The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

An EARLY Christmas Gift

I have such a sweet husband! Sam went to the Build-a-Bear workshop and made me a teddy bear to have while he is away. He picked out the bear and his uniform, made his own special voice recording, and named him Sammy! I am so blessed to have a man who is trying to make this deployment as easy for me as possible, and who understands my impractical sensitive side. :-) What makes this even more special is Sam took time out of his busy schedule and made the time to do this for me. I better stop before I get all emotional. :-) So this is Sammy, my little Iraqi bear!

Sammy, wearing Sam's dogtags

Doesn't he kinda look like Sam?

Shhh! Don't tell Sam!

7 Comments:

Blogger sc3b said...

That is so cute!!! And to think...there was a time when we were all concerned about just who this "Sam-guy" was. :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Katie Barker said...

Super cute little bear. What a sweetheart- i totally understand the impractical sentimental stuff!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jen and Mark said...

what a cute idea - he does look like sam :) ha ha!!! hey can you e-mail me a pic of you guys - i want to put it up in my classroom so that we will always remember to pray!!! love you!

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...Sam is such a great husband. I am glad he is trying, in any way he can, to make this a tad easier for you. He has a great heart. I will be thinking about the both of you and praying.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Brianne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

You have such a sweet husband!! It will be so nice to hear his voice when you are lonley. I am praying for you, Christina!!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

how cute is that!?

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home