The Porter Page

I went to college at Northland, then came home and married my wonderful husband, Sam, in 2004. We currently live in Honolulu, HI with our dog Magnum.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

One More Day...

Well it's Thursday night... late, and I only have one more day with my hubby. :-( He leaves early Saturday morning and we probably will just stay up all Friday night since Sam hasn't even packed yet. Although he really doesn't have to pack much, he can't take any "extras" at this time so I'll have to bring the rest of it when I see him at Christmas. Speaking of that, I bought round trip tickets to Huntsville for only $405! It came out to $480 with taxes, but still a great deal considering I'm flying through the holiday seasons! I'm glad because it is one less thing to worry about. I can honestly say that through all of this mess, God has been showing himself good in our lives. I was really struggling with the whole situation, but Sunday was a turning point for me. Our Pastor preached two messages that I know were meant for me. If you are going through hard times, I highly recommend listening to these two messages; "Earthquakes in our life" and "Are You In A Spiritual Drought?"
All that to say, Thank you all for your prayers, phone calls, and support, and I look forward to sharing how God uses these circumstances in both of our lives. Love you all!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

I am SO Glad you will be able to see Sam over Christmas. It will be here before you know it! Praying for you!

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,

When will you been in AL? Will it be for Thanksgiving or Christmas?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I leave Dec 5, and will be in Alabama for a month. :-)

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will Sam be able to join you for Christmas in AL?

I want to see you, maybe I could take a road trip out to AL for a visit.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I prayed for you today Christina. Love you. Laura

5:57 PM  
Blogger sc3b said...

Christina, Just thinking about you and praying for you too. My sister is going to Hawaii next week, wish I could hide away in her luggage :) Glad to hear that you will be able to be with your family at Christmas!!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christina,

When you have a chance, can you email me Sam's and your father's rank in the military? At the high school, we are doing something special for all the service men and I want to include them. As soon as I have something, I will show you.

Yesenia
illini3@hotmail.com

8:19 AM  
Blogger Jen and Mark said...

hey - we're praying for you. i haven't heard from you in awhile - how are you doing? love you!

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home